The delightful citrusy-sweet and refreshing essence of Bergamot Essential Oil not only provides an aroma that is somewhat similar to that of oranges, lemons and florals combined, Bergamot Oil is considered excellent for both mental and physical healing and wellbeing.
Historically used in Italian folk medicine as a way of treating infections, diseases, fevers and various skin conditions, the benefits of Bergamot Essential Oil can assist in all aspects of life.
- Because of its natural calming and uplifting properties, there are many Bergamot Essential Oil benefits that are known to reduce symptoms of anxiety, depression, nervous tension and negative emotions.
- The antiseptic properties within Bergamot Essential Oil work to fight infection and reduce fevers.
- Other Bergamot Essential Oil uses are said to stimulate the digestive system and soothe skin complaints such as eczema and psoriasis.
- Bergamot Oil also makes a great deodorizer and insect repellent
- To experience the aromatic benefits of Bergamot Essential Oil add a few drops to your Aromatherapy diffuser.
- Bergamot Oil is renowned for its ability to promote relaxation and is therefore the perfect essential oil to diffuse before bed.
- Add Bergamot Essential Oil to a carrier oil of choice at a 2-4% dilution and apply topically as a skin serum or massage oil.
- For facial application, we recommend a 1% dilution.